Search This Blog

Friday, February 4, 2011

You don't believe in WHAT?

So this relatively new friend of mine found out today that I don't believe in God. She was so hurt. I bowed my head and waited for the inevitable barrage of bullshit points and attacks, all of which I have heard so many times before. And one by one, I shut them down.
I really don't like arguing this shit. I mean, when I find out that YOU believe in God, do I immediately start trying to convince you otherwise? Fuck no. I'd appreciate it if you just let me be. For real. But since I know that you won't , I'm writing this, so that in the future, I can just be like, "Add me on Facebook, then read my note on God."

I'm just gonna lay this out now . . . . this is ME. All me. You can take it or leave it.

First of all, my parents are Nation of Islam. If you don't know what that means, here it is in a nutshell:

1. Black People came first. 2. God is a black man. (Physically, a living, breathing, mortal, black man). 3. White people are the devil. (As in, white people were artificially created from black people a mere 6000 years ago, and as such, are intrinsically evil and anti-God). 4. One day soon, God, in the form of a black man named Wallace Fard Muhammad, is going to fly down in a massive wheel shaped spaceship called the mother wheel. This ship has 1500 smaller ships on it, like little bomber planes. These planes will be used to bomb America and a handful of European countries, to punish white people for enslaving black people and murdering the indigenous people of the earth. 5. Some juicy details....the planes each contain two bombs, each of which has a drill on the tip, which when activated, drills one mile deep into the earths crust and will, when detonated, raise a mountain one mile high into the sky. After lots of bombs over the major cities, Wallace Fard Muhammad (who is actually mixed, and looks white as fuck) will commission his student, Elijah Muhammad (who supposedly is still alive, instead of dying in 1975 like history shows) to somehow "short-circuit the atmosphere" and set the sky over America on Fire. America will burn for 490 years, and take 610 years to cool off and become livable again.

Now, there are millions, MILLIONS of people around the world, not just in America, who believe this crock of shit. And my parents have been gung-ho since I was 2 years old. I'm 23 now. Think about that shit. Just think about it. My niggaz, to all of you who idolize Malcolm X as a freedom fighter for black people, I'm right there with you.....but, there is no getting around the fact that he believed the shit I just explained to you wholeheartedly.

I never bought into this shit. I had to go along with it, of course, until I moved out of the house....but I never bought into it all the way, I just went along so that I wouldn't get my ass beat in that house, lmao.

Then I took my 4.0, honors graduatin' ass off to school, and I applied my incredibly sharp brain to Computer Science, with a little theology on the side. I quickly realized that my parents cult was not the only crazy religion out there; ALL of them are crazy.

Like, let's say I believe the Bible. Then I believe that homosexuality is a sin punishable by death. Even though it has been witnessed in everything from horses to dolphins, and we definitely can't accuse animals of sin, because they never got any "word of God" or "prophets", right? But somehow, my friends who are attracted to the same sex are "sinners."
In the Bible, God says, "Thou Shall Not Kill." Of course, modern versions changed it to "Thou shall not Murder" so that we could give ourselves a little wiggle room, since our societies have made killing a necessary evil (death penalty, war, etc.) But notice, in the old testament, while the Israelites were busy spending 40 years to make a 3 day trip, God ordered the systematic extermination (read:genocide) of race after race of people....GO READ IT!!! He's like, "Kill EVERYONE, women and children, even livestock!" Why? Apparently because God only chose the Israelites.

Um, really? This book can justify anything. I know, I've read it 13 times cover to cover. Check it:

God can't lie, Hebrews 6:18
But, he lies by proxy, sending forth lying spirits to deceive in 2 Thes 2:11/ 1 Kings 22:23/ Ezek 14:9

Robbery commanded
Ex 3:21,22/ Ex 12:35,36
Robbery forbidden
Lev 19:13/ Ex 20:15
Um, really?

Circumcision instituted
Gen 17:10
Circumcision condemned
Gal 5:2

No work to be done on the Sabbath under penalty of death
Ex 31:15/ Num 15:32,36
Jesus Christ broke the Sabbath and justified his disciples in
the same
John 5:16/ Matt 12:1-3,5

Man was created after the other animals
Gen 1:25,26,27
Man was created before the other animals
Gen 2:18,19

John was in prison when Jesus went into Galilee
Mark 1:14
John was not in prison when Jesus went into Galilee
John 1:43/ John 3:22-24

I'm sorry, I'm one of those guys that noticed all the little frame-to-frame inconsistencies in Star Wars....and that's my favorite set of fucking movies.....you don't think I would notice things like that in the Bible? *chuckles*

I could go on, but I'm not a Bible-Basher, I'm just making some points here.

Anyway, study and research showed me that there was tons of inconsistency, even outright lies, in doctrines ranging from the Qu'ran and Hadith, to the New Testament of the Bible. And suddenly I decided that since NO ONE has ever proven that there is a such thing as God, and since all of our accepted doctrines about God come from books that are flawed, and religions that are even more flawed.....I rejected religion. Completely.

Does that mean that I'm a devil worshipper? No. There was never any need for the concept of devil, until someone decided there was a such thing as God. Let's be logical, people.

People ask me, well, what about when you die? Where do you think you'll go? My answer? I don't know, and who the fuck cares? Really?
Come on, y'all. Every person that told you about heaven or hell hadn't died yet. So how the hell would they know? Hell and heaven are convenient concepts, because as humans we like everything to be fair. And yet, every day, bad things happen to seemingly good people, while sometimes the evil people appear to prosper. So, to content us, the architects who came up with our religions created "Heaven and Hell", where, after you DIE, everything will be made right. What a crock. With all our telescopes and technology, we still can't find any evidence of either......but there's plenty of evidence that proves evolution. Christian theologians often say that evolution is just a "theory" and is unproven. Every time they say this, they prove their own ignorance about the very science that allows them to even spread their message so widespread. In technical terms, ACTUAL technical terms, a "theory", is a hypothesis that HAS been proven, thru some agreed upon amount of testing , and these tests have to be performed by multiple scientists and at multiple different times, and all these tests must show conclusive evidence that the hypothesis is true.....and even then, these results must be tested and retested and it must be shown that other scientists can get the same results, before the scientific community as a whole is willing to say that the hypothesis is apparently true, and can now be called a "theory." Yeah. That's how it actually works. so when a scientist says "theory", that's what he usually means....in layman's terms, a theory is just an unproven idea about how something works....I'll talk a little about evolution in my next note, tho. I just wanted to write this so that people would have a little more understanding about how I feel about the whole "God" thing.....I mean, come on. There are over a billion people in the world who believe that if you have a tattoo, you are cursed, and that consuming pork or alcohol is guaranteeing yourself hellfire.....get real!

I have a steady moral code that guides me thru life, and it doesn't come from any book or religion. It comes from something that every one of us was born with.....well, except for the psychopaths. And that, my friend, is "empathy". Empathy guides my actions.....of course I'm not gonna rob/steal/murder/lie to you....i wouldn't want you to do it to me, it would suck! Lol. Too simple? Yeah. That's how I like to keep it.

No comments:

Post a Comment